RAY DONALD FARLEY, a/k/a/ Ray Donald Lucero, Jr. was sentenced on March 1, 2021 to 150 years in prison for three counts of production of child pornography. In sentencing Ray Farley, the Honorable Nancy D. Freudenthal stated that the Defendant’s conduct was “reprehensible” and “unforgivable” and sentenced him to 50 years, per count, consecutively, totaling 150 years’ imprisonment.
In March 2020, Special Agents from Homeland Security Investigations and the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation received Cybertips from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children informing them that Ray Farley and Conner William Biggs Farley may be producing child pornography. Agents swiftly investigated the Cybertip and learned that from August 2019 through March 2020, Farley and his husband, Conner Farley, sexually abused three children, ages 7, 5, and 1. Agents arrested both Farleys on April 16, 2020 in Casper, Wyoming. Over the course of the investigation, it was learned that both Farleys recorded their sexual abuse of the children and produced multiple still and video images of such abuse. These images were shared with RICHARD THOMAS WILLDEN, age 29, of Casper. Willden was sentenced last Wednesday, February 24 to 121 months’ imprisonment for receiving and possessing the images. CONNER FARLEY pleaded guilty on December 14 to three counts of production of child pornography and is set to be sentenced on March 25, 2021.
“Farley is a very real danger to children. He was convicted and sentenced for sexually abusing children for the second time. He previously spent 3½ years in state prison for sexually abusing one child, and now he will spend the rest of his life in federal prison.” Said Acting U.S. Attorney Bob Murray.
“Lucero and Willden belong in federal prison where they no longer have access to children. I am thankful for Assistant United States Attorneys Timothy Forwood and Christyne Martens, who take on these challenging cases and fight for the child victims. No child should ever suffer at the hands of pedophiles nor endure abuse in silence. Our local, state, and federal law enforcement officers are working day and night to protect Wyoming’s children. I commend the work of Homeland Security and the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation in this case, and I assure you we will all continue to bring child predators to justice.” Murray said.
This case is part of Project Safe Childhood (PSC), a nationwide initiative to combat the growing epidemic of child sexual exploitation an abuse launched in May 2006 by the Department of Justice. Led by the U.S. Attorneys’ Offices and the Criminal Division’s Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section (CEOS), Project Safe Childhood marshals federal, state and local resources to better locate, apprehend and prosecute individuals who exploit children via the Internet, as well as to identify and rescue victims.