CLARKSBURG, WEST VIRGINIA – Seventeen people were charged with drug distribution in early September in a one-count indictment, U.S. Attorney Bill Powell announced.
Sixteen of the defendants were arrested in a multi-agency operation yesterday, September 15, 2020. Those charged and arrested for conspiracy to distribute heroin and cocaine base are:
- Alonzo Eugene Travis, age 27, of Detroit, Michigan
- Tyron Terreono Adams, age 26, of Detroit, Michigan
- Darius Dashawn Wade, age 26, of Grosse Pointe, Michigan
- Willie Clark, age 27, of Warren, Michigan
- Schuyler Davis, age 30, of Detroit, Michigan
- Kyle Alexander Martin, age 33, of Morgantown, West Virginia
- Kenneth Burns, age 34, of Morgantown, West Virginia
- Jeremy Hamlin, age 41, of Morgantown, West Virginia
- Donald Noel Smith, age 41, of Oakland, Maryland
- Alyssa Demus, age 30, of Fairmont, West Virginia
- Candis Sanders, age 38, of Morgantown, West Virginia
- Daniel McClung, age 40, of Morgantown, West Virginia
- Daniel Meadows, age 49, of Morgantown, West Virginia
- Andrew Benson, age 34, of Morgantown, West Virginia
- Larry Bruce Heaster, age 55, of Morgantown, West Virginia
- Lance Smith, age 46, of Confluence, Pennsylvania
The U.S. Marshals are looking for information leading to the arrest of Candice Marie Adams, age 40, of Morgantown, West Virginia. Anyone with information is asked to contact the U.S. Marshal Service at 304-623-0486.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Zelda E. Wesley is prosecuting the case on behalf of the government. The Drug Enforcement Administration, the Mon Metro Drug & Violent Crimes Task Force, a HIDTA-funded initiative, and the Monongalia County Sheriff’s Office investigated.
An indictment is merely an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.